Pages

Friday, March 10, 2006

Picture lost...picture found

Yesterday I missed the shot of a lifetime and almost threw a tantrum in the middle of busy trafficcrossing. There she was....the Erasmus Bridge looming through the thick fog, half of her fading out into the unknown... and I didn't get that beautiful sight....grrrrrr. The reason why this was/is so frustrating is because I wanted to bring my camera (Olympus not Fuji) to work that morning, in case I saw something interesting on the way. But my batteries were low, so I had to recharge them...and missed this picture that could have got me high into the next challenge of Fujimugs: Incomplete.

"Every disadvantage has its advantage," is a well known saying of Johan Kruijff and it's true. From now on I will always have one camera with me, where ever I may go. So this morning I packed my Olympus, recharged batteries and all and went to work. Nothing happened till I was ready for the weekend, walking to the station and the train that would take me home. In the moody grey street walked two very yellow girls with what seemed chickenmasks on their faces. I looked at them, they looked at me and before I knew it they were crossing the street. They were collecting money to adobt chickens (Ehhhh ok) and sang me a song for a small contribution, it was so hilarious I couldn't resist. In return I asked them if I could take their picture and so I got this strange photograph at the end of a busy week. Good thing I had my camera on me.


The crazy colors are caused by using bulblighting as whitebalance. Didn't do it on purpose, but liked the effect when I saw it on my camera. The yellow really jumps out to bite you.

No comments: