Pages

Sunday, March 05, 2006

If you were a landscape I could walk through...

Cleaning up...I stumbled over a long lost agenda and in it I found my all time favorit poem "Als je een landschap was waar ik doorheen kon lopen". It is written by Vasalis. She paints pictures with words: vivid and beautifully painful. I will try to translate it..

If you were a landscape I could walk through,
stand still and watch with open eyes,
and ly down on the hard soil
press my face against it and not say a word,
But most of all you enbody the big sky above,
where there is room for light and stormy clouds,
and the free wind in between
that caresses my hair and covers my face with kisses,
without asking, without promisses

Als je een landschap was waar ik doorheen kon lopen,
stilstaan en kijken met mijn ogen open,
en languit op de harde grond gaan liggen,
er mijn gezicht op drukken & niets zeggen.
Maar het meest lijk je op de grote lucht erboven,
waar ruimte is voor buien licht & donk're wolken,
en op de vrije wind daartussen,
die in mijn haren woelt en mijn gezicht met kussen
bedekt, zonder te vragen, zonder te beloven

M. Vasalis

No comments: