Pages

Friday, March 31, 2006

Parting is such sweet sorrow



Tomorrow we're going to say goodbye to our grandmama, mother, sister and friend. Even the most stubborn person has to let go of life sometime. Hope you had the welcoming party you deserve. Tomorrow we're gonna give you a farewell party to last a lifetime. I have your glasses granny, to remind me of your unique way on looking on life, people and men. To remind me how to embrace life with every fiber of my being, to pursue the things I dream off and be stubborn as hell, if only just to annoy people.
I'm glad you and my mother are together now, in more ways then one. Both lying under the same piece of grass and same open sky. Pity on the neighbor's, their gonna have more then one sleepless night because of you two chatting away.

I will remember you every time I'll go to bed and spread my long hair on my pillow. Just as you told us, grandpa liked with yours. I still do it, you know, still after all these years. I will miss your stories on the way things were back then and I will miss your smile and laughter. Music has become a special thing for me, because this stayed with you the longest, singing and humming almost till your last breath.

I was glad to see some of your edge return a couple of weeks ago, bossing people around again with that whip that you call your tongue. You sure weren't the most easy person to get along with, but it was never boring being around you. The end of an era has past, for you no longer walk this plane. But gramps feel free to check on us any time you want and be sure to take my mother along.

1 comment:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Beautifully written, Zoom.

I had a granny similar, but she died losing her spunk, waiting for her only son to acknowledge her presence.

But her spirit lives on in the more lively of my aunts, her integrity and hard working ways.