Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Zoom in, out and around the world














Yesterday I finally managed to get Google Earth on my Mac...WOW.... I always wanted to travel, but somehow I never got around to do it. So Google Earth is a revelation for me, the first thing I looked for was New York (they put it up in 3D!) and then I tried Georgetown, Gyuana (wanted to see where you live GG). But every great system has a flaw and in this case a BIIIIGG cloud covering almost all of Gyuana, my bad luck. I don't know what Georgetown looks like, but now I do know where the Greek island Ios is located. A good friend of mine always goes there for the holidays and now I have a spot on the map to prick her stories on. The most scary and wondrous thing was, that I saw my own rooftop....the whole world can look down on my house, if only they would now where to look, strange notion. Big Brother is watching...that's for sure.

The other funny thing, now that I'm talking 'global', I found out that my Internet alias Zoomfreaky only belongs to me, myself and I. On the entire world wide web, there is no Zoomfreaky to be found, except for myself. That's quite unique, don't you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maar.....ik heb zoomfreaky wel 4 dagen gemist.
Ardy

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Y'know what's interesting, Zoom...when I listen to, read, see the foreign news, I'd say, Ha, I know someone there. Great, eh?

I'll get some links for you of Guyana, promise...this weekend, and I'll post them.