Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wedding Bells


I never thought I would be the one to shed a tear or two on a wedding, but when my friend Nicole got married friday, it took a lot of effort not to. She looked so beautiful and happy and it is amazingly beautiful to see two people so in love. Especially because the road to that moment in time hasn't been all that easy. But they conquered all and they love each-other knowing each-other through and through. No unrealistic love-story love where all the characters are perfect and life is only pure bliss. But the real thing, knowing each-others flaws, problems and hardships getting each-other through obstacles, working like a well oiled team and still loving each-other madly.

Those two mended my cynic little heart a little, the possibility that there are still men walking around who just get it, is a relieving feeling...thanx Len. Now I only have to find me one of my own.

I am honored that I was one of the four witnesses of their wedding. And when I stood next to them in church I felt humbled, because only then did I realize what I must mean to her and it took me by surprise. I am touched deeply by that thought...thanx Nic...love you.

The whole day was amazing starting at 6 am and ending at 3 am. For the first time in my life I witnessed a marriage in full. From the hairdressers where I drove everyone wild with taking pictures of almost everything, to taking pictures, saying yes in townhouse and chapel, dinner, reception and party. Roel and I took pictures of the incoming guests at the reception and party and after a while we went crazy. It was fun, but also a bit tiring. The most scary moment was when I sang a serenade to Nic and Len (and about 150 other people). It scared the .... out of me, my knees were actually slamming into each-other. But it was worth it, when I saw the look on their faces. I think I gave them a present to remember. Thanx Aretha and Natural Woman.

These couple of days left a warm glowing feeling in my tummy and I enjoyed every minute of it. Still hear the wedding bells ringing softly in my ears and seeing the adoration in Len's eyes when he saw Nic for the first time in her beautiful wedding-dress. I hope that one day a man will look at me that way. I don't have to get married, just want to find the guy who knows me through and through and still loves me for all I am.... to find my other half and be complete if only for a short while. Glad I can still dream and my cynic heart has melted enough to let that thought in...who ever is next, I beg of you... don't ruin that feeling for me.

2 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I have older friends who have been married forEVER, 20-something years. And the kinda love they have is the kind I think is the best...the one where they've lived through troubles, boredom, ups, downs, and still they laugh.

I've read somewhere, marry for conversation, for when there's nothing else, you'll have that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bo, we loved having you as a witness. And we enjoyed the serenade thoroughly, I know I did. It was a very odd experience though to have someone bring us a serenade, it was for me anyway.

And always know there are decent guys out there, they just are very good at hiding ;-)