Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2006

A thing of beauty

It's been a while since my body and my mind agreed on a possible lover. Leaving us 'both' unsatisfied and frustrated. So I fall back on one of my favorite pastimes... daydreaming. And when I do, one of the first images that springs to my minds eye is an old boyfriend of mine... Nothing more attractive then a man in action. In his case...running.

He is a big fellow and it is magnificent to watch him run. That large body in total balance, seemingly effortless, striding away the miles. Totally concentrated with eyes fixed on the horizon, a trickle of a smile on his luscious lips for feeling and savoring the power of his own limps, totally alive. Shutting out the world and letting it all in at the same time. Just remembering those images mixes with my own memories of running and feeling happy, exhilarated and peaceful at the same time. Oh how I miss running. For now just memories of supple muscles moving under glistening wet skin... Pffff mind and body, what about a truce?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»