Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A quick summary

Although it feels like old news, I still want to share my adventures and daydreams of the last few weeks. But I'll keep it short.

Blown away by hay-fever blues
The last few weeks I haven't been around much... I definitely have the hay-fever blues. The world bloomed in all colors, shapes and sizes. But although I really loved that sparkle and color, my body rejected it with all it's might. Leaving me breathless and tired and not in a good way. So it has been work, sleep, work, sleep for me, till the beautiful weather finally changed...and I was blown away...literally. Stormy weather raced through the skies and the streets of Holland, not just one afternoon, but days on end. I kinda like storm, because the rushing wind seems to boost my energy-reserves like nothing else. But sometimes it just got plain silly. Sitting behind my desk I heard the wind shrieking and howling like crazy. It almost sounded like a crazed animal but underneath that symphony of angry shrieks sounded the soft whispers of rustling leaves and swirling flower-paddles. Combine this with concrete tiles falling down buildings 100 meter high and you have Complete Chaos....love it.


Unexpected encounter
A week ago I met a intriguing old man while sitting in the sun near the harbor enjoying my lunch-break with my boss. It was such a unexpected and beautiful encounter that it immediately made me think of the book 'The Celestine Prophecy' by James Redfield. In this book it is said that there are no chance encounters, everyone has a purpose in your journey through life. Some people take energy and some don't. And this old man was definitely the latter kind. Although he walked barefoot and his clothes suggested he might be homeless. I never met a man who seemed to be the embodiment of a gentleman more then him. Never overstepping my boundaries, always asking with his eyes and body if he could touch or suggest. But now I am running ahead of myself.

So here I was, sitting beside the water of the Veerharbor, watching old ships and chitchatting with my boss, when suddenly I felt a red hot flash of pain in my longs. This happens to me a lot, no big deal but it not fun. So while buckling over with pain, a deep man's voice asks me if I'm alright. I look up and see a beautiful weathered old African face. The conversation started a bit strange and for a while I didn't quite knew what to think, but I was intrigued and curious, so I just let the conversation flow.

And before I knew it I was getting Taitji lessons from this barefoot man, who moved effortlessly and smooth like his name. He taught me how to move so my hip injury doesn't bother me so much and it worked. Totally oblivious to our surroundings we interacted while yups strolled by those two dark barefoot figures balancing and 'dancing' in the sun. All this under the watchful eyes of my skeptical boss, who didn't quite knew what to think of the whole affair. For payment all he wanted was for me to pray for his welfare and so I did. Not the usual way, but I asked my mother and granny to keep an eye on him. By posting this story I hope you wish him well too. His name is ManDi and I hope we'll meet again...

2 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I believe this too, there are no chance encounters...I've never read The Celestine Prophesy but it sounds like I should.

Zoomfreaky said...

Hi GG, welcome back girl. And I think you would looovvve The Celestine Prophesy!