Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lucky Me...Oerol Fantasy


You have days that you can only thank God or the Universe or the whatever entity somewhere pulling the strings to this crazy thing called Life... Because once in a while you realize that you are surrounded by special en loving people. Yesterday (and today) I had such a revelation. I had left a message on the voicemail of a good friend of mine, that I wasn't gonna make it to Oerol this year, because I lost my job quite suddenly. And money...well that was a bit of a problem (what else is new). The darling mailed me the next morning (yesterday) and said "Well grab your toothbrush, you can come to Terschelling, all expences paid, your tent is waiting. Love miss E and mister H" I had to swallow hard at that one...wow, Wow, WOW! She and her partner have a artproject on the beach I really wanted to see and I had been looking forward to going to the island. Then dear Murphy paid me a visit, couldn't go and then to make it all better.... I unexpectedly jumped in the train, leapt in the boat and I was off to my most beloved place...setting sail to Oerol and meeting my wonderful friends. Life is strange, wonderful and full of unexpected bits of happiness. I'm starting to believe that if you really believe the sun is out there somewhere, a ray of light will always find you one way or another...

No comments: