Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

He's just not that into you

The last couple of weeks I've been sort of interested in a guy I have know for ages. It took me by surprise and at first I didn't know what to do with myself, because it was so sudden. Let's face it... I'm dead shy when it comes to men I like. And that's a bit of a problem, because I seem so outgoing most of the time. So when I turn to being cold and distant all of a sudden, most men think, I don't like them anymore... How strange...:) The guy in question...let's call him mister A, has a lot of women buzzing around him. I call them barracuda's, because of their predator nature. I find this cat and mouse game quite amusing, beats lifeTV anytime. But yesterday I got a taste of the flip side of this game...karma will always be karma.  So I was strolling around on one of his Bohemian parties, very determined to go for it. Surprise, surprise, I chickened out and secondly I got the strong impression he was avoiding me with a passion. Only to have me realize that now I'm the one with the hungry look in my eyes and I'm scaring him off big time...I have drifted into deeper waters and am no longer that harmless little tropical fish with the nice shiny colors, but the dangerous and vicious barracuda ready to eat him alive. And then I realized another thing...."Hé girl, he's just not that into you...." Ouch...so much for my fluffed up ego...

1 comment:

Hayden said...

or maybe he's like you.... easy to be relaxed when he doesn't care, but if he's interested, he freezes?