Pages

Monday, February 20, 2006

My favorite wildlife artist

My favorite wildlife artist is my brother Jeroen Verhoeff. I'm a little biased...ok, he's family, but if you visit his website, you'll see why. I think he is unique because of the extend of his research before he even sets one stroke of paint on his canvas. His 3D research models I especially like, because everything is just right, not a feather, not a curve is unnatural or fiction. He's a scientist if you ask me...but a scientist who can paint and paint well! The thing that separates him from other wildlife artists is that he doesn't have that fluffy romantic brushstroke...he is no Bob Ross...but he has his humor though. His paintings always have some kind of action and movement in them and the clarity of a photograph, it is as though you are looking through a cameralens at a world you never witnessed before.

No comments: