Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

OMG

I am in total shock, in love with Hyves and again... in total shock. Want to know why? I have a half-brother I haven’t seen for about 24 years. I think, I was 9 and he was 1 year old the last time we met. Then his mother divorced my father and I lost track of him. Because my last visit was, to say the least, a bit traumatic, I decided to wait until he was about 18 to contact him. Well he’s been grown up for about 7 years now, but somehow I haven't found the nerve to go find him. Always an excuse why not to... But it has always been nagging around the edges of my mind. So about 2 months ago I was with a friend of mine, having a deep and somewhat emotional conversation and he popped up in my head again. So I thought what the heck, let’s just check Hyves and find out if he still lives in Rijswijk...and I found him...at least it could be him. I was so shocked I didn’t know what to do. After all these years and all the excuses, I just found him with one click of my mouse...what!???? I spoke to my friends what to send him, you just can’t drop in and say... “Hey I think I am your half-sis,” not knowing if he even knows himself that he has one.... But I don’t remember if I had the courage to send him that message. Now I check my Hyves account after about 2 months and there it is... a message from him asking me if he is my half-brother....OMG, OMG O...M...G. I replied of course, don’t know what this will bring, but I’m exited...and a “bit” scared too.

No comments: