Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wedding Bells and Ribbon Fantasies


My dear friend E. is getting married next august. I remember us meeting when we were barely 16 years old, how time flies. And still after all these years, being with her feels like coming home, I am always so welcome in that big heart of hers.

My heart swelled with emotion and pride to see her so beautifully dressed today, eyes sparkling and being serious at the same time. Taking her time to get what she wants, thinking things through, feeling her own femininity like no-one I know. I can’t help smiling when I see her like that...pure womanly power, smart as a whip.

The time flew by and before we knew it, we were on the train leaving Amsterdam with an increasing speed. Sharing an iPod together listening to music and dreaming away on the sorrowful words of Adele with ‘To make you feel my love’, being touched to the core by Jeff Buckley’s ‘Hallelujah’, feeling the deep voice of Johnny Cash vibrating and plucking at heartstrings.

A day spend in good company, good food and deep soulful conversation, who wouldn’t want to do that. I even fulfilled a longtime wish...I finally got into a corset and loved it. The feel, the look, the way it changed how I look at myself in the mirror, embracing my femininity. I think I’m gonna give myself a real beautiful present soon...:)

Thanx E. for this wonderful day, for sharing it with me and just being your loveble self...

No comments: