Pages

Friday, July 21, 2006

What black men want...?!

On the way home, in a darn hot train, I was wondering about tonight. It was a strange night, pheromones flying all over the place, bodies (including mine) moving to the rhythm of South American music. I flirted a lot, saw an old friend of mine and so on and so on. I think I'm changing, something is happening, although I'm not quite sure what exactly. I don't mind flirting with and stealing someone's boyfriend anymore (who is that alien bearing my name?). I suddenly think black men are hot, I'm using my feminine qualities without shame or boundaries. What's up?

My kind of flirting is not really subtle... I just go straight for it, all twinkly eyes....big smile, white teeth. So my friend M. and I were dancing and enjoying ourselves big time. M. really can dance, I always get a big smile on my face just watching her move. So there we were, tropical heat, beach in the city, alcohol flowing powerful through our (actually mine) veins. When I noticed a big beautiful hunk of a man, who gave me a wink every-time I passed him. So finally I walked up to him, to ask him what was wrong with his eye, because it seemed to want to wink at me every-time it caught sight of me. Oef and then that big dark man began to talk, very cheeky, but I felt my knees buckle and I would have kissed him right there and then. The man was hot. But I promised my friend M. to take a strole and I was really sweating all over the place, so I promised him a dance and went outside. M. and I cooled of under a watermist thingy and just walked around a bit. But I really wanted to go back to hot guy, so we said goodbye and I went in again....and then it went totally wrong.

We danced but the boy didn't have any kind of humor what so ever. I can dance and shake my .... like any Atilian girl...but, eh, that's me myself and I. Trow in another (quite distracting) factor (also known as a man) and this girl is out. I just didn't seem to get the most simple steps and I just started laughing very loud. The irony of the whole situation wasn't missed my me, but the big dark man thought I was laughing at him and with every laugh his ego was further and more seriously crushed (I think). I tried to explain that I was making fun of myself, how stupid is it that a dark Atilian girl doesn't seem to get the Salsa or even Meringue, what kind of lousy black woman am I?! After only two dances he gave up.

Between those two dances he managed to tell me that I had to concentrate on him and not my friend whom I hadn't seen in about 5 years and who I unexpectly bumped into while going for the exit. Eh...sorry...controlefreak? Who's the boss? The conversation was slow, he seemed only interested in telling me things, I suspect him of telling to all the cute girls. He thought I was 22 and he is 35, he wanted to buy me a drink but when it took a looooong time he didn't want me to take a sip of his water...eh...what?! And all the while I watched his lips move and heard a tune in the back of my head slowly pumping up the volume. Think it was something like: "Shut up and sleep with me, come on why don't you sleep with me, Shut up...."
This of course didn't happen, because he got so annoyed with me when we danced a second time, that even a kiss was out of the question.

This is not the first time I seem to have this 'communication' problem with black guys, it makes me wonder....
What do black men want and more importantly...do I want to give it to them?!

3 comments:

dreaming-neko said...

hmmm.... what do all men want? is that a real question? :P

Zoomfreaky said...

Hihi of course I knew what he wanted, but he thought I was an innocent little girl that could be kept under his thumb. And well...that's never gonna happen.
I just seem to work on the nerves of especially black men and wonder if it is because I go my way, do my own thing and laugh at all those silly pickup lines they have told a thousand times before. I'm no bullshit girl... and you just don't tell me what to do, because then I get veeeeeerrrry annoying. I had fun though...:))

dreaming-neko said...

got it... :)