Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Autumn Rain...


Sometimes you see, read or hear something that just rips your heart out and leaves you confused and caught for breath. I was just zapping along a zillion TV channels when I heard one line that stopped my heart dead on. I just had to listen to the rest. It's a mourning poem written by Mary Elizabeth Frye. Words and lines so beautiful, so loving, so alive and so full of pictures flashing before your eyes as if it's you who is seeing your life pass you by in one last exhilarating rush...I have to do something with this vivid poem, I don't know what or how, but now I will remember...

"Do not stand by my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints upon the snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain and
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am that swift uplifting rush,

Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand by my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die."


Mary Elizabeth Frye (written 1932?)

2 comments:

Olaf said...

That is very, very beautiful. Thank you for introducing me.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.