Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

Half full...not half empty

I've given a few people a scare with my last post. But I just wanna say...it's ok. Hayden had it right spot on. When you can crystalize it like I did a few days ago, you're ready for a change. And I have taken the first few steps. I bought a little book, glued a big smiley on it and I have promissed myself to write 5 good things about that day or about myself everyday. A 15 minute contemplation is not much on a 24 hour scale. And only the idea made my mind and creativity flow once more. Good things started to happen. Like a lovely phonecall with a photograper I really admire, who is a great fan of my work too. My first photograph just walked out off the door with a happy customer. My photoshoot last saturday went very well and so on and so on.
I've decided to look at life as "half full" instead of "half empty" it will take some practice, but life is just too short to become a grumpy old shrew...

Thanx Haden for your kind and uplifting comment, it lighted my way...:)

1 comment:

Hayden said...

I'm really glad I said something useful! A little amazed, and really glad!

Don't you think complexity is really challenging? It seems to me that it is the absolute foundation of so much art - but the sheer weight of the detail is hard to manage and it's easy to become discouraged. It's a difficult road.

Choosing where to focus - as you are now - looking at the "fullness" rather than at what is missing - is a great strategy.