Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ode to Beethoven...



Once in a couple of years you recover something that you have held locked in your heart and somehow forgot. Till you one day stumble across that loved and dusty part that lights your day... It can happen to you and it happened to me this week.

In a spur of the moment I bought a CD of Beethoven and when the longing tones of 'Klaviersonate Nr. 14 - Adagio Sostenuto' started. It drove shivers down my spine and something warm began to glow in my belly, spreading across my body and leaving me breathless and deeply moved. The soft longing tones of the piano, whispering about passion, longing, sorrow, unrequited love, consolation, hope, being alive, despair...so sad, so real, so close and so immensely beautiful.

For days on end I have replayed this sonate time and time again. And every time I hear it, different pictures form in my head and depending on my mood, I feel new emotions come crashing in like waves into my welcoming arms and heart. I have found myself a gift to remember. A gift that can recharge me like no battery can and soothes my chaotic mind to a peaceful, smooth mirror. A mirror that shows me light, hope, freedom and washes away my despair, my sadness and my solitude.

4 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I wrote about this in my first manuscript, about locking away something, then finding it again, then rediscovering how beautiful it is.

dreaming-neko said...

music is life!
cheers~

Lee Bemrose said...

You've reminded me of how much I loved the movie and soundtrack Tous Les Maitin Du Monde (going from memory here, so I could have the spelling completely wrong). Exquisite stuff. I must dig it out and listen again soon. It's a half forgotten favourite. Music is the best.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Cellulite de faciale